Gulotta Grabiner Law Group, PLLC
Effective as of July 4, 2016
Collection and Use of Personal Information:
1. We often collect or receive the following personal information:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number;
- Unique Identifiers such as loan number, social security number, etc., that are required to facilitate transactions for which we are engaged, which may include Non Public Personal Information; and
- Other information necessary to enable us to facilitate the matters for which we have been engaged.
2. We may collect such Non Public Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you such as on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transaction received from others involved in your transaction, such as the real estate agent or lender personnel, but only in furtherance of facilitating your transaction;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency;
- Information that we have public access to; and
3. We use this information to:
- Fulfill your order;
- Send you requested service information;
- Respond to customer service requests;
- Respond to your questions and concerns;
- Improve our processes; and
- We may disclose any of the above information that we collect about our customers, their customers or former customers, to our affiliates or to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law and in furtherance of fulfilling our role in a representation including third parties but only as necessary to fulfill our role in such a representation.
- WE DO NOT INTENTIONALLY DISCLOSE ANY NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY LAW.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com
5. Information Sharing:
1. We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
2. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- We share your personal information with other companies so that they can perform their services in furtherance of fulfilling your transaction. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Employee Access and Information Usage:
An important part of our employee orientation program is the emphasis we place on customer confidentiality. All of our employees are aware of their responsibility with respect to customer information and undergo background searches and annual information security compliance training. Only such employees are authorized to access customer information. We strive to restrict access to your personal and account information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
7. Accuracy of Information:
We are committed to maintaining complete and accurate information about our customers, and we use reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and thoroughness of this information. If you think any information we have about you or your transaction may be incorrect, please let us know as soon as possible. We will take prompt action to make the appropriate corrections and to notify anyone with whom we may have shared inaccurate information.
1. The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry and professional standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web Site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
2. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
3. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that seek to comply with federal laws, rules & regulations to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
9. Anti-Fraud, Wire Fraud Disclosure:
There is an increase in the incidence of cyber fraud and wire fraud in the real estate industry. Because electronic communications such as email, text messages and social media messaging, are neither secure nor confidential, any non-public or sensitive information should only be transmitted in a secure manner (e.g., encrypted e mail). While we have adopted policies and procedures to aid in avoiding fraud, even the best security protections can still be bypassed by unauthorized parties. We will never send you any electronic communication with instructions to transfer funds or to provide nonpublic personal information, such as credit card or debit numbers or bank account and/or routing numbers.
AS A GENERAL RULE, YOU SHOULD NEVER TRANSMIT NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION, SUCH AS CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD NUMBERS OR BANK ACCOUNT OR ROUTING NUMBERS, BY REGULAR UNENCRYPTED EMAIL OR OTHER UNSECURED ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION. BE ADVISED, EMAILS ATTEMPTING TO INDUCE FRAUDULENT WIRE TRANSFERS ARE COMMON AND MAY APPEAR TO COME FROM A TRUSTED SOURCE.
If you receive any electronic communication directing you to transfer funds or provide nonpublic personal information, EVEN IF THAT ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION APPEARS TO BE FROM us, do not respond to it and immediately contact us at the number you have previously used for our firm (212 344-0200). Such requests, even if they may otherwise appear to be from us, are likely part of a scheme to defraud you by stealing funds from you or using your identity to commit a crime.
To notify us of suspected fraud related to your real estate transaction, send an email to email@example.com or call 212 344 0200.
Additional Policy Information
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information:
- To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes:
- We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, other than basic regular system updates, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:
The Gulotta Grabiner Law Group, PLLC
1430 Broadway, Suite 400
New York, NY, United States 10018